- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
- Phuket Property For Rent
- See Newest Rentals
- List your Rental
Learn more about the Phuket property market through trends and average prices.
Located on the southern end of Thailand, Phuket is an island and a province and is 70 percent covered by mountains. At 576km2 Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, connected to the mainland by two bridges. The population currently stands at 600,000 people. The west side of Phuket has some of the more popular and nicer beaches, one of those being Patong beach. The east side has more of a mangrove area with nature parks, and viewpoints, while the south is rockier. Phuket’s main source of income is tourism with a massive 5.3 million tourists visiting each year. All of the beaches have some form of the nightlife Phuket has to offer and you must visit the famous Bangla road at least once. However, away from the nightlife, there are areas like Karon and Kata that still offer all the dining experiences and beaches, at a slower more relaxed pace.
Phuket is ranked in the top five areas in Thailand to live; it offers a beach lifestyle with all the comforts and services of home. The main part of the city and the busiest area is Patong. But if you want to stay somewhere a little quieter, but still with the luxury of a beautiful beach close by, then Karan and Kata beaches, located to the south of Patong are a popular choice amongst ex-pats. Phuket offers a large variety of properties to suit all tastes. Whether you wish to stay somewhere private, on the beachfront, or prefer condo living. The price range of properties on Phuket tends to vary and you are likely to find what you want and within your price range.
Low price properties can be found close to places such as Phuket Town, Thalang, and Kathu. Where you will find a large selection of Thai terraced houses and condos that fit into the affordable price level
● Patong Beach: One of the famous and most visited beaches in Thailand. Patong has a lot to offer, from market stalls, street food stalls, and water sports, or just across the road, there is a vast array of shopping centers and restaurants, where the view of the beach is still in range.
● The Big Buddha: The famous Big Buddha of Phuket is situated on one of the many viewpoints the island has to offer. It was finished being built in 2014 and stands at a massive 45metres tall. The official name is Phra Phutta Ming Mongkol Akenakiri, and you can find the Buddha in the town of Karon.
● Bangla Road: Is located in the heart of Patong and is famous for its nightlife. The road consists of a stretch of street that lights up with a vibrant life in the evenings. Filled with bars, nightclubs, and shows.
● Island hopping: Phuket is surrounded by beautiful picturesque islands like Ko Phi Phi and Phang Nga Bay. These islands are easily accessible by using ferry services or by private boat and are surrounded by amazing and tall limestone cliffs. Most people take one or two days to explore the islands or take a kayak and explore the caves of the limestone cliffs.
● Phuket viewpoints: Another quality that Phuket is well known for is its highly visited viewpoints. Phuket is known to be home to some of the most attractive viewpoints that do not disappoint. Phromthep Cape is the most popular viewpoint with many people visiting to view a sunrise or a sunset. There are also less popular viewpoints that attract a smaller crowd. These still boast beautiful views of crystal-clear waters and white sand beaches, stretching out to nearby islands.
There are currently around 100,000 expats from all over the world, residing in Phuket. The island is ranked one of the highest, for the number of expats in Thailand. If you are looking for a more authentic Thai city experience there is Phuket town, although it’s a little further from the beaches (20-minute drive) the cost of living is lower when compared to the popular tourist areas such as Patong. Kathu, located in the middle of the island, is home to many expats as they enjoy the lower living costs and the smaller number of tourists in the area. Phuket has a massive variety of foods and is well known for its delicious cuisine; the food is said to be spicier than other regions of Thailand. Although Phuket is known for its higher prices compared to other areas, it all depends on the individual’s standard of living.
There are currently many new high-quality schools for younger families of all nationalities at very competitive prices
There are several different visa options available for Thailand and the country can be entered on a 30-day visa exemption that you can renew for another 30 days before having to obtain another re-entry permit, or you can obtain the correct tourist visa from your home country. If you are looking for a longer stay visa there are also many options available that are usually applied for in your home country. There are two immigration offices on Phuket island, one located on the east coast of the island and the other located on the west side of the island.
1. Ranking in the top 5 areas to live in Thailand, all the amenities of home are available such as high-quality health care and dental, shopping centers, restaurants, and good transport options.
2. There are over 600,000 people living in Phuket and the population is constantly growing and the need for rental properties has matched the population growth which in turn as made Phuket the investors dream. Roughly 5.3 million tourists visit the island of Phuket each year, with many looking to rent a Luxury Real Estate property during their stay instead of a hotel room.
3. As Phuket is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Thailand there is no shortage of activities, things to do, and places to see.